What Are The Best HVAC Brands in 2023?
Looking for the best HVAC brands to cool and heat your home? We put together this guide to help you choose the best equipment. Here is a list of the top 13 best HVAC brands and the cost to buy them.
But not all HVAC systems are created equal, and as a homeowner, you undoubtedly want the best you can get for yourself and your family.
That’s why we have comprised a list of the best HVAC brands around.
And in this article, you will learn about the finest and most notable HVAC replacement systems on the market.
Furthermore, you will also pick up on what to look for in a reliable HVAC system, as well as the price points that each one carries — all in an attempt to help you make an informed decision on one that will meet your needs.
So if you’re cool with it, let’s air out this list!
The 13 Best HVAC Brands
Now we arrive at the “meat” of the post (I hope you’re hungry). Let’s be honest, no one wants to go through the headache of continually repairing an HVAC system that can’t do its job.
Therefore, it’s paramount that you learn what the best options available are so you can avoid that scenario.
To help you narrow down your search, here is a list of some of the best HVAC brands around:
This company holds a standing for its unique and detailed designs that enhance the longevity of its residential systems. Additionally, it offers a high level of efficiency in its air quality capability
Goodman is one of the younger brands on this list (and in the market). However, the company issues a sizeable line of cooling and heating systems.
The Cost for Carrier HVAC Units:
The cost of this unit is between $3000 and $4000, respectively.
Carrier is one of the largest and most well-known HVAC producers in America. The Infinity Air Conditioner perfectly illustrates its functionality at the top tier level in the marketplace.
As a result, Carrier is one of the more popular and sought-after brands in the HVAC profession.
In addition to that, Carrier is also one of the pioneering figureheads in not only ACs but also piston chambers and gas furnaces on the HVAC systems.
Carrier is another renowned name in the HVAC industry. Here are five advantages of Carrier HVAC units:
- Reputation for Quality: Carrier has a long-standing reputation for producing high-quality HVAC products. Established in 1902 by Willis Carrier, the inventor of the first modern air-conditioning system, the brand has a deep history in the industry.
- Energy Efficiency: Carrier offers a range of ENERGY STAR certified products. Their units are known for efficient operation, which can lead to reduced energy bills for consumers.
- Innovative Technology: Carrier consistently integrates the latest technology into their units. Features like variable-speed compressors, advanced air filtering systems, and smart home connectivity are common in their models.
- Broad Product Range: Carrier provides a comprehensive range of HVAC solutions, including furnaces, air conditioners, heat pumps, and more. This variety ensures that consumers can find a product tailored to their specific needs and budget.
- Reliable Warranty Programs: Carrier backs their products with competitive warranty programs, ensuring that consumers are protected against manufacturing defects and providing peace of mind.
Even to this day, Carrier continues to lead the way in innovation, which has become apparent in its double-stage AC that provides high efficiency, increasing the SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) ranking up to as high as 21.
And even though Carrier’s high-end products are regarded as the most costly among its competition, the company is also considered to be a staple on the more economical end of the spectrum.
This is due to its Comfort Series, which is more affordable (but still exceptionally efficient).
The price tag of a Carrier HVAC unit is quite dynamic. It can be as low as $3500 but then can skyrocket to as high as $6200 or more.
Bryant is beloved for manufacturing efficient and quiet units. In fact, their air conditioners are considered to be among the most streamlined, energy-saving ACs on the market.
And of course, the fact that these units operate in silence only adds to their appeal.
Bryant Heating & Cooling Systems is also a recognized player in the HVAC sector. Here are five advantages of Bryant HVAC units:
- Reliability: Bryant has a reputation for producing durable and reliable HVAC products that stand the test of time.
- Energy Efficiency: Many of Bryant’s HVAC units are designed for high energy efficiency, with several models being ENERGY STAR certified. This can lead to potential savings on energy bills.
- Diverse Product Range: Bryant offers a wide range of heating and cooling solutions, catering to various needs, from residential to commercial applications.
- User-Friendly Features: Bryant units often come with features that enhance user experience, such as remote access, programmable thermostats, and advanced filtration systems.
- Strong Warranty Support: Bryant stands behind their products with competitive warranty offerings, ensuring that customers feel secure in their investment.
The company has released only three product lines. But it may be best known for the furnaces produced in its Evolution Series.
This is predominately based on the fact that the series enjoys one of the industry’s best rankings for the volume of heat that is created for every dollar of fuel expended.
The Cost for Bryant HVAC Units
The cost to purchase and install a Bryant AC system can run as much as $5200 and then go upwards of $7500.
Utilizing progressive, top-of-the-line technology, Heil separates itself by using controls to connect to WI-FI automation.
Heil offers the HVA9 air conditioner with a wireless communication system as well as a five-level compressor that displays its high capability levels.
Founded in 1929, Heil supplied many HVAC products to the retail outlet Sears. After a sequence of accessions over time, Heil was bought out by the HVAC behemoth Carrier.
HEIL is another noteworthy brand in the HVAC industry. Here are five advantages of HEIL HVAC units:
- Competitive Pricing: HEIL offers a range of HVAC products that are often competitively priced, providing a good balance of performance and value for money.
- Energy Efficiency: Many of HEIL’s HVAC units come with energy-efficient features, with some models achieving ENERGY STAR certification. This can lead to potential energy savings for consumers.
- Quiet Operation: HEIL places emphasis on designing units that operate quietly, enhancing indoor comfort without excessive noise.
- Comprehensive Product Line: From furnaces to central air conditioners and heat pumps, HEIL offers a diverse range of products to cater to different heating and cooling needs.
- Reliable Warranty: HEIL provides robust warranty coverage for their HVAC products, reinforcing the brand’s commitment to quality and customer satisfaction.
HEIL has become an emblem for Heil’s brand, and as a result, has helped to bolster and solidify their reputation in the marketplace.
Additionally, Heil utilizes its Ion System — created with energy-efficient purposes in mind — to transmit messages alternating between the HVAV unit and the thermostat, allowing for more control and efficiency.
And if that weren’t enough, the system also has WI-FI. Doesn’t get much better than that, does it? All of this and more makes Heil one of the most advanced brands in the HVAC market, technologically speaking.
The Cost for Heil HVAC Units:
For a Heil system, the price range is in the ballpark of $3500 to around $7500.
Amana is a company that is recognized for its groundbreaking technology. Its advancements have allowed Amana to make a myriad of heavy-duty furnaces that are both safe and enduring.
A case in point is the AMVM97 petrol furnace.
This particular model has progressive, state-of-the-art heat exchange technology that has made Amana one of the best HVAC companies in the field.
Amana is a well-known name in the HVAC industry. Here are three advantages of Amana HVAC units:
- Extended Warranty: A standout feature of Amana is its strong warranty programs. Many Amana HVAC products come with a limited lifetime unit replacement warranty and a 10-year parts limited warranty, offering assurance to consumers.
- Energy Efficiency: Amana designs many of its HVAC units to be energy-efficient, with several models boasting ENERGY STAR certification. This efficiency can result in reduced monthly energy bills for homeowners.
- Durable Construction: Amana often emphasizes the durability of its products, with features like stainless-steel tubular heat exchangers in some models, ensuring longevity and reliable performance.
The heat transfer in a furnace in Amana is an important part of its system that signifies the conclusion of the furnace’s life. But Amana shifted the industry when it created a chromium steel Million-Air heat transfer with a warranty that lasts a lifetime.
As a result, this enhancement set a new benchmark for longevity in the profession and stamped Amana with a reputation as one of the leading ingenious HVAC producers.
The Cost for Amana HVAC Units:
Installing an Amana system is in the price range of $3800 to $6300.
Ruud has been around since the 1880s, working on what some would consider being the first water coolers. With nearly 120 years of experience, quite a track record has been built.
Today, Ruud’s plethora of ACs and furnaces are very competitive and offer spacious designs that allow for easier and more convenient servicing.
The RA14 Achiever Series, for example, is an air conditioner that exhibits Ruud’s capability to provide high-end products at rock bottom prices.
As of late, Ruud has become a subordinate of Rheem and now offers heating and cooling structures via its Value, Ultra, and Achiever lines.
The company’s premium Ultra ACs issue an exceptional 19.5 SEER on the higher end. All the while, its Value series, offers a trustworthy alternative at the bottom end of the price range.
RUUD is a well-established brand in the HVAC industry. Here are four advantages of RUUD HVAC units:
- Reputation for Durability: RUUD is known for manufacturing HVAC products that are built to last, with many users reporting long service lives from their units.
- Energy Efficiency: RUUD places an emphasis on energy-saving technologies, and many of their products are designed to consume less energy, resulting in potential savings on utility bills. Some of their units are also ENERGY STAR certified.
- Innovative Features: RUUD often incorporates the latest technological advancements in their HVAC units, offering features like Wi-Fi connectivity for remote management and diagnostic tools for easier maintenance.
- Comprehensive Product Line: RUUD provides a wide range of HVAC solutions, catering to various residential and commercial needs, allowing consumers to find a product that fits their specific requirements.
The Cost for Ruud HVAC Units:
The cost of a Ruud HVAC system is much more dynamic and broader than most of the brands we’ve listed so far. But you can expect the average cost to begin at $3200 and it could go as high as $12,500.
York has the best of both worlds. On the commercial side of things, its HVAC systems are praised by businesses and organizations. And this only strengthens its credibility when it traverses over to the residential realm of operations.
With its economical price as well as its high Energy Star score, York’s YXT is the perfect illustration of the worth and merit it delivers with its top of the line HVAC systems.
Not only does York manufacture world-class air conditioning machines but they are also one of the first to produce them, period.
York is another respected brand in the HVAC arena. Here are three advantages of York HVAC units:
- Quality and Reliability: York has a history of producing high-quality HVAC products known for their durability and reliability, providing consistent performance over the years.
- Energy Efficiency: York places a significant emphasis on producing energy-efficient models, with many of their units boasting ENERGY STAR certification, which can lead to potential reductions in energy bills for users.
- Affinity™ Series: York’s Affinity™ series, in particular, is known for its innovative features, including quiet operation, energy efficiency, and advanced communication capabilities for better diagnostics and system monitoring.
At nearly 150 years old, York has been around the block a few times and has been credited with making some major contributions to the HVAC industry.
This is due to the fact that they cooled many landmarks such as the Empire State Building, the Sydney Opera House, and the U.S. Capitol Building.
York has a variety of products, however, their most popular is the LX Series, which is also one of the more competitively priced Energy Star rated units.
The Cost for York HVAC Units:
The baseline cost of getting a York for your home HVAC system will be as little as $4000 to start, and could run as high as $10,000 on the upper side of the scale.
Armed with the most modern and up-to-date technology you can find in the industry, Lennox has secured credibility for manufacturing HVAC units that work both quietly and efficiently. This has become an integral part of their brand.
The example of SL28XCV is a great illustration. It perfectly demonstrates Lennox’s capacity to develop with technology to enhance efficiency.
Launched in 1895, Lennox is one of the most seasoned and matured HVAC brands around. They incorporated AC units back in 1952.
And since then, the company and its HVAC units have enjoyed technology that is often considered to be the most advanced in the industry.
Lennox is a prominent brand in the HVAC market. Here are three advantages of Lennox HVAC units:
- High-Efficiency Models: Lennox is known for its emphasis on energy efficiency. Many of their HVAC units, particularly those in the Signature® Series, have high SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) and AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency) ratings, which can translate to reduced energy costs.
- Innovative Technology: Lennox often incorporates advanced technologies into their units. Features like the Precise Comfort® technology, which adjusts heating and cooling outputs in small increments for precise temperature control, and the iComfort® thermostats for smart, connected control, are examples of their innovation.
- Quiet Operation: Many Lennox models are designed with noise-reducing features, ensuring quieter operation and enhancing indoor comfort.
Premium Lennox series — placed in the Elite Series AC units category — will instantaneously alter cooling dependent on data received from temperature sensors that were built within the unit.
Additionally, some have the capability to function from solar panels via Lennox’s technological immersion with SunSource.
Furthermore, the brand’s petrol furnaces can instantly alter the speeds of the motors in addition to flame size in order to work more effectively. This has the potential to save as much as 33% on the cost of heat.
The Cost for Lennox HVAC Units:
Lennox is among the cheap HVAC brands on this list. For a mere $1300, you can get a budget-friendly unit installed in your home.
But if you have the extra cash, you can get a premium unit installed for around $2500.
When it comes to the combos of energy efficiency and heat pumps in your AC unit, it’s hard to beat Rheem. Their reputation and credibility are preceded by the quality of their high-end products.
Using a speed compressor to generate SEER ratings of more than 20, the status of Rheem’s line of AC units is a testimony to the brand’s capacity to create quality HVAC machines.
At almost 100 years old, Rheem is located in Atlanta and continues to serve its market.
It’s a major supplier of not only HVAC systems, but also boilers, hot water tanks, indoor air quality additions, and replacement bits.
Rheem really stands out when it comes to efficiency, always being placed close to or at the very top of most lists regarding this important factor. Moreover, it manufactures many of the best quality air conditioner compressors.
Rheem is a reputable brand in the HVAC sector. Here are four advantages of Rheem HVAC units:
- Durable Design: Rheem HVAC products are known for their robust and durable construction, which often results in a longer lifespan and consistent performance over the years.
- EcoNet™ Smart Technology: Rheem’s EcoNet™ system allows users to adjust and monitor their heating, cooling, and water heating devices remotely, providing both convenience and potential energy savings.
- Efficiency: Many Rheem HVAC units boast high SEER and AFUE ratings, highlighting their energy-efficient operation. This can lead to decreased energy costs for homeowners.
- Wide Product Range: Rheem offers a comprehensive selection of HVAC solutions, catering to various needs and budgets, making it easier for consumers to find a suitable product for their specific requirements.
And if you compare Rheem’s prices to its prestigious rival Trane’s, you’ll notice that they are much more competitive by comparison.
Lastly, this company has been around for an extensive period of time. And as a result, it has earned its ranks among some of the top HVAC brands in the marketplace.
The Cost for Rheem HVAC Units:
Most Rheem air conditioners will begin in the range of $5000 and can go as high as $7500. Not the cheapest, but certainly not the most expensive either.
Known for being one of the finest central air conditioner unit companies, Daikin is a Japanese HVAC brand. Located in Osaka, Japan, this brand has made quite a name for itself over the years.
Praised for creating the VRF (Variable Refrigerator Flow) AC units, Daikin has contributed a great deal to the industry.
Additionally, they are also the ones that expanded on and triumphantly marketed the R410A; probably among the most commonly utilized refrigerants.
Furthermore, the Daikin DX20VC Series is a popular home AC unit that offers an advanced compressor that scrolls and swings.
Daikin is a globally recognized HVAC brand. Here are two advantages of Daikin HVAC units:
- Inverter Technology: Daikin is renowned for its advanced inverter technology, which adjusts power usage based on demand. This results in increased energy efficiency, reduced operational noise, and longer lifespan for the equipment.
- Comprehensive Product Line: Daikin offers a wide variety of HVAC solutions, including mini-split systems, multi-split systems, and VRV (Variable Refrigerant Volume) systems, allowing consumers to choose the best product tailored to their environment and needs.
When considering any HVAC system, consulting with professionals and conducting thorough research on specific models is always a prudent approach.
The compressor is what allows the Daikin AC units to reach a SEER ranking of 23.
The Cost for Daikin HVAC Units:
And now for the big question: what’s the price? AC units weighing up to one-ton cost only about $2300, while AC units that are three or four tons can cost as much as $7000.
Similar to Daikin, Mitsubishi was also formed in Japan. It is the oldest HVAC company, being founded in 1870. The brand itself is more than just a company though — it is an international conglomerate.
But that doesn’t mean they’re sacrificing one department for another, because despite all of the other adjunct sectors, Mitsubishi still has a thriving HVAC division.
Focused mainly on manufacturing mini-split AC units, they also provide compact, mini-scale central AC units.
They are renowned for their level of efficiency in their air conditioners, and the key to ensuring that efficiency lies in their inverter compressor.
Mitsubishi Electric is a leading provider of HVAC solutions, especially in the realm of ductless mini-split systems. Here are three advantages of Mitsubishi HVAC units:
- Zoned Comfort Solutions: Mitsubishi’s ductless systems allow for individualized temperature settings in different rooms or zones. This provides flexibility and can result in more efficient energy usage by only conditioning spaces that need it.
- Advanced Inverter Technology: Mitsubishi HVAC units often use inverter-driven compressors. This technology adjusts compressor speed based on demand, which can lead to increased energy efficiency, consistent room temperatures, and reduced operational noise.
- Compact and Flexible Installation: Mitsubishi’s ductless systems are known for their compact design and the ability to fit in various spaces without the need for extensive ductwork. This makes them suitable for retrofitting in older buildings or in locations where traditional ducted systems might be impractical.
The Cost for Mitsubishi HVAC Units:
When it comes to price, the units for Mitsubishi are generally less than units from other HVAC companies because of their smaller and more compact size.
Buying a Mitsubishi unit can begin as low as $3000 and then go upwards from there to about $6000.
Coleman is a bit of a lesser-known brand. But just because it’s smaller doesn’t mean it can’t manufacture high-quality air conditioners.
The brand mainly focuses on producing camping tools.
However, it’s still a trusted brand for HVAC units among many customers. Mainly because of their quality units along with the affordable prices that come along with them.
Coleman is a recognized brand in the HVAC market. Here are three advantages of Coleman HVAC units:
- Robust Build Quality: Coleman HVAC systems are known for their durable construction. They are designed to deliver reliable performance even in extreme conditions, ensuring longevity and consistent comfort.
- Energy Efficiency: Many Coleman HVAC products come with high SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) and AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency) ratings, which can lead to potential energy savings for users.
- Quiet Operation: Coleman places emphasis on creating units that operate quietly. Features such as sound-isolating fan mounts and specially designed fan blades contribute to reduced noise levels during operation.
As with any HVAC purchase, it’s wise to do thorough research, read reviews, and consult with HVAC professionals to ensure a product meets individual needs.
The Cost for Coleman HVAC Units:
When it comes to installation, the overall cost for Colman’s units begins in the range of $3000 and then can go to about $5500.
Trane is the most notable and considered to be not only a pioneering force in the industry but also one of the best HVAC brands in the market. And it doesn’t take a lot to see why.
When it comes to top performance and longevity, Trane takes the cake.
As you look at their ComfortLink ll technology, you get a feel for the kind of innovation the company has become known for.
Trane is a reputable brand in the HVAC industry, known for its reliability and innovation. Here are five advantages of Trane HVAC units:
- Reliability: Trane units undergo rigorous testing to ensure durability and reliability. Their tagline, “It’s Hard to Stop a Trane,” reflects this commitment to producing long-lasting equipment.
- Energy Efficiency: Trane offers a variety of high-efficiency models that are ENERGY STAR certified, which can lead to potential savings on energy bills.
- Innovative Technology: Trane frequently integrates advanced technologies into their units, such as the Trane TruComfort™ system, which offers variable speed operation to precisely adjust cooling and heating outputs.
- Climatuff® Compressor: Exclusive to Trane, the Climatuff® compressor is known for its durability and efficient operation, contributing to the system’s overall performance and lifespan.
- Broad Product Range: Trane provides a comprehensive selection of HVAC solutions, from air conditioners to heat pumps to furnaces, catering to various needs and budgets.
With several sensors connected to a network, ComfortLink can optimize the climate of many different rooms within your home.
Similarly, the XV20i TruComfort is a clear demonstration of the company’s capacity to incorporate top-of-the-line HVAC technological advancements into its systems.
The Cost for Trane HVAC Units:
While Trane’s setup costs for the more budget-friendly units are only $3200, if you’d like to get a better quality AC, it could run you up to as much as $14,000.
Are You Ready to Choose Your HVAC Brand?
Making a big purchase for your home should be done with care and forethought. And putting down the money for a new air conditioner unit is one of those things that requires much contemplation.
However, with this list of the best HVAC brands, that decision will most assuredly be easier to make!
But if you still have questions and need a little more guidance, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us today.
The Importance of Quality HVAC Systems
It doesn’t matter if it’s a furnace, air conditioner, air handler, etc. Looking for a quality HVAC brand comes down to doing your due diligence.
And this is definitely a process that you’ll want to get right the first time. Failing to do so can result in a lot of unnecessary frustration as well as wasted dollars.
Here is a small list of the things you can “look forward to” if you don’t find a quality HVAC system the first time around:
- Overheating in the summer months
- Continuous HVAC repairs (this can be hundreds of dollars annually)
- Electricity bills that are inordinately high in the summer months
- Overbilling for malfunctioning air conditioner
- Wasting thousands of dollars for the unit, the installation, as well as the time, etc
At the end of the day, a quality HVAC brand does more than just keep your home at a comfortable temperature year-round. It provides peace of mind from the troubles that a low-quality HVAC system can bring.
And in addition to that, will keep more of your hard-earned money where it belongs — in your pocket.
What to Look for in HVAC Brands
Finding the proper HVAC brand can be difficult, simply because you don’t know what you should be on the lookout for. You want a company that not only has quality products but also has morals with a sense of integrity as well.
No one likes doing business with shady companies that don’t adhere to best practices when it comes to customer satisfaction.
Here are a few qualities to keep in mind for your HVAC search:
- Trustworthy and dependable
- Track record of success and satisfied customers
- High-quality products
- Sense of integrity
- Competent workers (check review sites), etc